Sunday, April 27, 2014

pieces coming together

My Project is finally coming together. I have set a time may 17 to do my survival outing and I got a place. I starting to get really excited about this. One of my dads friends is letting me use his hunting property. it a nice couple of acres that even has a small pond so I can try fishing. I also finally found a mentor  Paul Popa an avid hunter also the owner of the property so he's advising me on where everything is there. I even got a practice try lined up. My friend is doing a survival outing this weekend with his boy scout troop 763 he asked me to come with him and help teach and put on the outing for the rest of his troop. this should be a great opportunity to practice a lot of the shelters I've been researching and I promise to post pictures soon of them and the property. some basic survival tips I've learned so far. ferns and cattail roots are both edible and if you need a quick emergency shelter pile up leaves about 3 feet the crawl in side the pile. this will both keep you warm and waterproof through the night and takes minutes to make.

1 comment: